Breakaway Live...

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 23 February 2008

    Pop Quiz...

    Just a quickie, born out of reports of tonight's game between Blaze and Steelers (which I annoyingly couldn't attend due to monetary issues)...I notice that Trevor Koenig managed to earn himself a misconduct at some point in the game-and yet stayed in net, with James Archer sitting the penalty. Now, scouring the far reaches of my memory, I recall Jody Lehman having to leave his net for a 2+10, which was almost instantly upgraded to a game when he kept going (the original offence being a blocker-shove to the face of an opposition forward.) So, do goalies have to serve major pens or misconducts or not?

    Hopefully someone can tell me...keep keeping your eye on the puck in the meantime...

    1 comment:

    Becky said...

    Never known it... Fanky's got loads of misconducts this season and he's not had to sit any. Maybe it's because Jody kept arguing they just chucked him out?

    I kinda think goalies should tho, since misconducts are supposed to be against the player and not the team.

    Matt's theory is that it depends who was reffing ;)