Breakaway Live...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 19 January 2009

    Hockeysomniac...

    Morning all.

    As you may have gathered by looking at the posting time, I'm up far too late. The reason for this is, of course, hockey.

    Surely I can't be the only one out there who has spent many a night with only the computer screen, headphones and the voices of someone far away in Edmonton, Dallas, New York or Toronto describing the action of a game in which you have no interest other than the fact you love hockey...I was originally going to come on just before bed, write my Double Overtime column for the morning and go to bed nice and primed for the following morning. Sadly, it played out the same way it always does...

    "I'll just have a quick gander at the NHL scores..."

    "Oh, hey, there's a game on live...might just give that a quick listen"

    "Oh, hell, it's 2am and it's gone into overtime. Aye well, just till the end of this game..."

    "Game over. Phew. Oh, hey, that matchup in porgress in the third looks interesting too..."

    "Damn. Need coffee. And I'll go to bed at the end of this period"

    "Oh, damn...haven't written a word...aye well. Just the end of OT..."

    And so on down the slippery slope, until here we are at ten past four in the morning...

    Please tell me I'm not the only hockey fan who's done this...

    Right-definitely off for some sleep now. Round the Rinks to come later today..check back around 3pm...

    No comments: