Breakaway Live...

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 15 October 2007

    Shot counts don't matter...honest. :)

    Sugar. I owe an apology to Sheffield and Manchester fans, and indeed the Sheffield attack. I managed to misread the shot-counts from their game on Friday night-it turns out it was the Phoenix who took 42 shots and not the Steelers, which makes all my condemnation of the Steelers attack somewhat redundant-(unless you change every reference to "shooting and not scoring" to "not creating enough")-those criticisms could apply to the Manchester attack instead...but does give weight to my theory about peppering Scott Fankhouser in the Phoenix goal early on.

    With thanks to "joncurtis" on the Elite League forum for spotting the error and PMing me-I have duly modified several opinions on the posts referring to that game...

    Mea culpa, as they say in Latin, and I promise to do better from now on. That's what I rely on you readers for, though...:)

    Keep keeping your eye on the puck (and my somewhat dubious interpretation of statistics)...:)

    No comments: